Oct 18, 2011

My Daddy's Coming Home!


Life is just full of surprises. This week's surprise is that Nick is no longer going to be in the Navy. If you know Nick well, you know that his hands shake a little. It makes eating cereal and soup a bit challenging, but it's never held him back in life. Well, the doctors at OCS decided he should be tested by a neurologist to see if it was serious. After an MRI and getting poked by lots of needles, his doctors decided he should be NPQ'd (not physically qualified) for the Navy.

It's a bit heart breaking for us to give up this goal we have been working toward for so long. At first we were both just happy that he would be coming home sooner, but as it starts to sink in more, I can tell Nick is so disappointed. He had completed about 7 weeks of the most difficult training you could imagine, and was only 4 or 5 weeks from graduating! I know he has everything and more to become an officer, but rules are rules.

I am SO happy to think about the future, and know that Nick will always be with me. We'll never have to be apart like this again! Nick said he's glad he got to experience as much of OCS as he did, and all he learned from it. It's made us stronger as a family, and blessed us in many ways. It takes a few weeks for him to be processed out of the Navy, so we won't get to see him for a little while. But at least when he gets home, he'll be home for good!

Our new life plan...

  • Find a little house to rent in Pendleton (with a little back yard for Danny ; ) ), until Nick can get into grad school
  • Nick will work for his Dad full time
  • I will substitute once or twice a week while Danny plays at Grandma Lizzy's house
  • Spend time with family as much as possible!
  • After Grad school, Nick and I will both be teachers. I know, cute huh?
  • Give Danny a brother or sister some where in between there, and live
HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
I can't WAIT for Nick to come home!

3 comments:

shelly said...

Woah! What a shock. I'm happy for your new life plan. And you're right, it is cute that you'll both be teachers =)

natalie spratling said...

How life changes so quickly. Good that you are looking on the bright side, having him home again will be fabulous and to start your happily ever after.

amber w said...

I'm sorry for Nick. I can only imagine that things are working out the way they are supposed to. Are you guys coming back here for grad school!? Your cupcakes look fabulous. You are so talented. And yes, I think the witch's legs are the best! Take care and enjoy having Nick home.