Oct 8, 2009

Memories

I loved Nick's High School car. I still remeber the butterfly feeling I would get seeing his Ford Focus coming up the driveway to pick me up.
Last handshake before leaving for his mission. Notice Amie in the background shaking hands with Nick's brother Cris.

Graduation

Winter Formal


Outdoor School. I was actually pretty mad at Nick when this picture was taken for being flirty with some of the other girl councelors in our group. Actually they were mostly the ones being flirty, but I took it out on him. Funny how those memories always stay with you ; ).


Nick packing for college
While looking at these old pictures from high school tonight I started thinking about how happy I am that I married my best friend. One of the things I love most about Nick (besides his incredible good looks and charm) is that he always comes home happy. Even if he’s had a crazy night at work, he never takes it out on me. He even wakes up happy in the morning (the complete opposite of me)! I wake up grumpy pretty much EVERY day. I never have to doubt that Nick truly loves me, which is especially nice during this time when my body just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER! When I complain about feeling fat he just says, “Sarah, you’re supposed to be fat remember?” He’s the best!
Speaking of getting bigger, my due date is only about 8 weeks away! We are slowly getting read for our little one's arrival.

I'm making a quilt for the fisrt time in my life! It's not easy, but it's fun. I still have a couple borders to add. I'll post a picture when I'm all done.

This is where our little baby is going to sleep until he's big enough for his crib. My Friend from church gave it to me and I think it is sooooo adorable.

Here's a picture of the car seat/stroller combo from mom. After pushing a bunch of strollers around Target and playing with their gadgets we decided this was the one! I just posted an image from the website so I wouldn't have to pull it out of the closet and set it up. It looks really good with the black interior in our car : ). Thanks mom.

5 comments:

Simple Pleasures said...

Sarah I love reading your updates, that quilt is so so cute! that soft fabric is so extremely hard to sew! you did a great job!

Amie Orton said...

haha! what memories. That's funny that you wake up and Nick wakes up so happy.. Does his head just "pop" of the pillow(brian regan joke)

I can imagine it, and it make me laugh
" good morning Sarah!"
sarah: "oh shut up"
haha. Did I hit it right on the head or what?

so that cradle is so perfect and I like the stroller pattern. Lovely!
talk soon
amie

Cindy Spratling said...

OH,this post is so cute. At your reception I was crying during the couples dance (when we were all dancing with our spouses), because I just knew that you were so happy because you were married to your best friend.
I love the stroller pattern. And the little cradle is so sweet. Oh man, you guys are going to LOVE having a little baby. It changes your life in crazy ways, but all for the better. Can't wait to see him! Love you guys!

natalie spratling said...

Love the memories and the cute things for the little one. Way to go on attempting a quilt (Your mom is the master at making quilts, I'm sure you will inherit that trait) Where is the current picture of you? It has been awhile since we have seen you. You look so cute pregnant. Only eight weeks...we can't wait.

Miss Ashley said...

oh my! you are super cute! that was such a sweet blog about nick:) he makes me laugh, and you just ROCK SISTA FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love ya!